Meyler Delivers Contrarian Marketing
AS SEISMIC SHIFTS RESHAPE HEDGE FUND LANDSCAPE ALTERNATIVE ASSET MARKETING FIRM DELIVERS CONTRARIAN MARKETING
‘Marketing Will Separate the Winners and Losers’
NEW YORK, APRIL 19, 2017 – As 2017 unfolds, hedge funds are facing erratic asset growth, passive investments are grabbing attention and assets, redemptions are making headlines, fees are under pressure, performance is only just beginning to show signs of life, all amid fierce competition.
“The $3 trillion world of hedge funds is being pushed and pulled into a marketing environment unlike anything it has seen before,” said Kyle Dunn, founder and CEO of Meyler Capital, a leading integrated capital-raising and marketing services company for hedge funds, PE funds and other alternative investment firms.
“Old tools, old instincts don’t work,” said Mr. Dunn. “Today’s focus needs to be on building audience instead of chasing transactions; layering information precisely rather than pummeling people with decks; communicating consistently and not just when raising money; putting marketing technology to work; and integrating all of this directly with fund-raising. It’s the opposite of how hedge fund marketing has been done for decades. It’s Contrarian Marketing for today’s market.”
The Dark Ages
Meyler was the first firm to produce video advertising for a hedge fund and for five years has been a leading advocate and driver of change in how hedge funds and other alternative asset management firms market and raise capital. Meyler’s Contrarian Marketing approach brings sophisticated marketing communications strategies and tools to today’s new hedge fund landscape for the first time. Meyler is putting its Contrarian Marketing approach to work for hedge funds of all sizes to move them out of the dark ages and into the clear light of modern marketing. Key strategies of Contrarian Marketing include:
1. Video Plus. The power of video to communicate in the institutional investment market is a given. It’s also not enough. Tracking and analyzing how targets interact with videos helps prioritize prospects ready to engage.
2. KYC Marketing. Know Your Customer is moving beyond compliance. Who’s on your website? Where are prospects spending time? Marketing automation is changing the B2B institutional market.
3. Shred your deck. Rip out every other page. Of the 50 decks reviewed in the last six months, on average, Meyler cut them in half with no loss of content and a greatly enhanced user experience.
4. Go Mobile. The way people absorb information is new. Content must be optimized for mobile consumption. Is your info as mobile as your clients?
5. Integrate marketing and fundraising. Lacking contemporary, purpose-built marketing tools, raising capital can be a long process. Marketing tools need to complement human capital raising talent.
“Marketing needs to help managers stand out, be remarkable and raise capital more effectively,” said Mr. Dunn. “Marketing will separate the winners and losers.”
About Meyler Capital
Founded in 2012, Meyler Capital is driving change in how capital is raised in the alternative investment sector. Meyler advocates that the marketing prowess of fund managers needs to be as focused and sophisticated as their investment strategies. Meyler works with managers of all sizes and brings creativity, innovation and clarity to alternative investment marketing and capital raising. The firm was the first to produce video advertising for a hedge fund. Meyler is at www.meylercapital.com.