As an asset manager, if you haven’t yet incorporated video into your marketing, here are 10 very good reasons why you should:
1. The written word can’t capture the passion and conviction a manager has for his or her strategy in the same way a video can.
2. Video allows you to be in 1000s rooms at one time.
3. Your ability to profile interest using video is more prominent than any other form of marketing. (People don’t “accidentally” watch 2 minutes of a video.) As an advertising tool, it is 27 times more effective than banner ads.
4. An animated sequence can better express a concept than can a static image.
5. Dynamic content is designed to move in a digital era, attachments are not. Email campaigns that include a video have a 96% higher click through rate, according to Implix.
6. You can present more information in a digestible format faster. According to Forrester researcher Dr. James L. McQuivey, one minute of video is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
7. According to a 2010 study by Forbes and Google, “59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page. 80% of executives are watching more online video today than they were a year ago.”
8. It helps people find you. Your website is 50 times more likely to show up on the first page of Google search results if it contains video content. This makes sense, considering the world’s second-largest search engine, after Google, is YouTube.
9. It is easier for people to absorb video content on mobile devices. According to Cisco, two thirds of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2018.
10. Believe it or not, capital allocators are human beings and subject to the same trends as the rest of us, and they too are watching more and more video.
By Kyle Dunn